What are we generally guided by when choosing an educational institution? Reviews of our acquaintances, reputation and prestige of the institution and, obviously, rankings. Did you know that history of educational institutions ranking goes back to the XIX century in the United States where it all started with universities ranking? Then, at the end of XX century «US News & World Report» magazine extended its rating activities to other levels of education, including colleges.
In Kazakhstan, last years are characterized by close attention to the evaluation of education, especially of vocational education. NJSC “Holding “Kasipkor” began work on the development of the ranking system in TVET. The implementation of college ranking system will contribute to:
– encouragement of college staff to provide population with high-quality educational services;
– transparency and objectivity of college funding;
– creation of an additional funding mechanism on a competitive basis;
– formation of the database on TVET system’s current condition and its development;
– development of TVET system through creation of informational and analytical base for identifying best practices and demand stimulation for TVET services.