Holding “Kasipkor” will introduce a number of tools for the implementation of the project “Free TVET for all”.
I. Using the new and updated model curricula and training programs for workers.
We are working on the development and updating of existing educational programs in accordance with international best practices. These programs include training middle management and applied bachelor degree, as well as the opportunity to develop three related job qualifications. For example, in “Construction and operation of buildings and structures” at the initial stage it is imperative training for work qualifications “bricklayer”, “plasterer”, “painter”.
Educational programs are developed based on the modular competency approach. They are based from a number of modules. Each module is aimed at the formation of specific competences for specific qualifications and work. Programs have flexibility in the construction of the course and give to colleges sufficient autonomy in determining the content. Depending on the order of employers a college can independently collect the required set of modules, i.e. training on specific skills. This will allow the project «Free TVET» use separate modules for the course of training, retraining and advanced training for workers specialties. This ability is relevant to the category of people who do not have a specific occupation and currently not employed.
II. Another tool will be the introduction of credit technology into the TVET system. This will allow specialists who have mastered a profession, to enter the labor market, but need to continue their studies through any period of time, by credit transfer, and to promote further training and career development of students throughout their lives.
III. Implementation of the State task to organize and conduct training courses for 2300 engineering-pedagogical workers and for 300 heads of technical and vocational education organizations according to international requirements (The Treaty №133-ST dated June 16, 2016, signed between the NJSC “Holding” Kasіpkor “and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
1. In May 2016 there were trained 277 engineering and teaching staff and managers of technical and vocational education institutions (hereinafter – TVET).
On the basis of “The terms of assigning freelance trainer status of the NJSC “Holding” Kasіpkor” (Order of the Acting Chairman of the NJSC “Holding” Kasіpkor ” from 09.06.2016 №29 – O) 142 engineering and pedagogical staff (hereinafter – EPS) and the managers of TVET organizations were granted the status of a freelance trainer of the JSC “Holding” Kasіpkor “(hereinafter – Holding). The team of freelance trainers of the Holding has been created in order to organize and conduct a course of training in the regions through the use of “cascade” method, which has reduced the trainees’ expenses of travel and subsistence.
During the first phase of the training course, the freelance trainers of the Holding have worked on the selection of candidates from among trainees and make recommendations on candidates selected for consideration by the Commission for the Designation of a freelance trainer status.
Following consideration of the candidates, the status of a freelance trainer were granted 140 engineering and pedagogical staff and executives, so now a team of freelance trainers of Holding amounts 282 people.
The workshop “Improvement of professional skill is one of the instruments of the professional development of engineering and pedagogical staff of the TVET system” was organized for 214 freelance trainers of Holding in October 2016. Within this workshop were considered the issues of renovations of the content and methodical support of innovative educational technologies.
2. In accordance with the approved educational program of training courses for the teaching staff of TVET organizations, on the basis of foreign advanced pedagogical experience, the Centre had developed working curricula of two-stage training courses on the topic: “The teacher of a new formation of the TVET system”:
1) “The methodology of introducing new educational programs developed by the Holding, based on modular competency approach” (Phase 1);
2) “The methodology of implementation and features of teaching of special disciplines in English” (Phase 2);
3) “Organizational and methodical aspects of transition to credit technology of training in VET institutions” (Stage 2).
3. The first stage of training courses about the method of introduction of new educational programs developed by the Holding, based on the modular competency approach, was carried out by staff and by freelance trainers of the Centre from June 20 to July 22, 2016 on the basis of 46 regional organizations of TVET, in this course were participated 2600 people, of which 2 300 engineering and teaching staff (hereinafter – ETS) and 300 heads of state organizations of TVET system.
On the advanced training courses on this topic were trained 611 people, of whom 509 EPS and 102 heads of non-governmental organizations of TVET system.
In total, during the period from 20 June to 22 July 2016, the courses have been trained 3488 ETS and managers of TVET organizations.
Since September 1 of this year, 105 colleges work according to 27 new educational programs which were developed by the Holding, based on the modular competency approach.
4. In the first stage of the training courses the Centre conducted a survey and testing 2600 trainees, to determine the level of English language skills and readiness of the engineering and teaching staff and managers of the colleges to the implementation of credit technology. This study was necessary for the organization and conduct of the second phase of training courses from 07 to 18 November 2016 on the themes:
-“Methods of implementation and features of teaching of special disciplines in English” – were selected 280 ETS and managers of TVET organizations, who have knowledge of English at a certain level.
– “Organizational-methodical aspects of transition to credit technology of education in VET institutions” – were selected 720 ETS and heads of TVET organizations.
In total -1000 people.
5. The State assignment involves organizing and carrying out monitoring, assessing the effectiveness of training courses for 558 teachers from 10 basic college, who passed advanced training courses in 2015.
The process of monitoring and evaluation began on October 31 and the ending is scheduled for November 12, 2016.
The results of this work will be used in developing the plan and subject matter of training courses planned by the NJSC “Holding” Kasіpkor” in 2017.
6. As part of the State task, November 17, 2016 was organized an international scientific-practical conference “New approaches to the training of qualified personnel for the sectors of the economy of Kazakhstan” with participation of representatives of the Majilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the concerned ministries and agencies, national companies, NCE “Atameken”, employers and foreign partners of the Holding.
The main objective of this conference – acquaintance with practical experience of the foreign partner of the Holding Company – SAIT Polytechnic (Canada) and Ltd. “Higher College APEC Petrotechnic Atyrau” for further translation of the advanced pedagogical experience in the TVET organizations of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
IV. An important foundation of the preparation of personnel is the presence of relevant textbooks and learning materials. Kasipkor annually will acquire the right to translation and the use of 100 units of foreign literature and textbooks. This is the basic textbooks, taking into account modern technology personnel training.
V. Active work will be carried out with the business community as well. We will establish close cooperation with RPC Atameken, the largest employers’ associations and the social partners on the issue of monitoring the college labour market in determining the need for new qualifications and labour force for the project free of TVET.
VI. In order to attract pupils and all who want a qualification Kasipkor workers implementing the project on introduction of system of vocational guidance and career counselling. ” World Professions ” information portal will be created in 2017. It will be the social navigator, which will unite the interests of pupils, parents, colleges and employers.
VII. In order to popularize the working professions Kasipkor will continue to promote International WorldSkills movement in Kazakhstan. On an annual basis it will be caring out the regional and national championships. We are committed until 2021 to increase the number of competitions which are carried out to 45. The winners will represent Kazakhstan at the International competitions.